Saturday, June 4, 2011

The first ride...

So the first real ride happened the first night I owned the bike.  I had to take a friend about 40 miles across town so it was a chance to do a 2-up ride, and it was almost all freeway.  I was able to easily maintain 75MPH 2-up and it was a very comfortable ride.  On hills you will need a downshift to keep it up to speed.  Once the engine is broke in it will be easier to maintain speed.  One thing is that Suzuki doesn't publish the redline of the motorcycle and if you are going to do any sporting riding you will need to know.  Since I am still breaking the motor I have not found a rev limiter, but a magazine article I found showed the power curves for the bike and they stopped at 10,000 RPM, so for now I am assuming that as the redline.  Using 10,000 RPM as the redline, redline in each gear is as follows...  1st - 30 MPH, 2nd - 50 MPH, 3rd - 70 MPH, 4th - 85 MPH, 5th - 101 MPH.  After this trip, 82 miles on the bike.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment