Sunday, June 5, 2011

Be a Racer!!!

So I had a little fun this afternoon.  Had to do a freeway trip across the city (Phoenix) today and we were having some decent gusty winds today.  With just me on the bike it could maintain 75-80 MPH and seemed pretty comfortable there.  But I decided to take a "racer crouch" on the bike with my chin nearly touching the speedo and my elbows tucked tight into my legs, riding like that I could easily accelerate from 75-85 and even 90 in some cases.  It was quite fun and I probably rode that way for a good 15 miles.  I read somewhere in a review that tucked in like this you could use the front turn signals as convex mirrors and sure enough they work quite well.  :-)  You can't see directly behind yourself with them so you will have to pop your head up from time to time to check that noone is driving up your tailpipe.  With today's journey she's now showing 632 miles on the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment