Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Chink In The Armor

Now don't get me wrong, I still absolutly love this bike...  but we all knew that power would be an issue at some point.  Today I took a 350 mile ride with my girl.  The tight twisty roads were great and the bike performed admiribly, but climbing hills at highway speed presents a problem.  Depending on the grade you will have to drop a cog or two.  I do believe this problem may be correctable by opening up the exhaust to help her breathe on the top end (I am not advocating you defeat your emissions system).  The bike got excellent gas milage, and on the flat with no head wind was able to run a good 80-85 MPH.  I found the driver saddle adequate for an all day ride, but initial reports on the rear seat were not favorable.  It is only her 3rd ride, so it may be something she grows through, but I dont think so.  The seat is split front and rear and I am thinking that I may try to order a second driver saddle and mount it in place of the pillion saddle, as she tried sitting on the driver saddle after the trip and thought it felt a lot better than the pillion saddle.  She has 557 miles now.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment