Saturday, June 4, 2011

First mountain ride...

I have had the bike for 7 days and it was time to take my girl for a ride to South Mountain.  Might be expecting the little 250 engine to be overtaxed by a 2-up ride in the mountains, but I didn't feel it was.  Just for reference I rode an 1100cc bike for 10 years so I do know how big bore bikes feel and I wasn't disappointed by the little 250.  One advantage of the small bike over the big bore bike is that the bike is super light.  At 320 lbs. soaking wet the little TU is extremely light weight and the side to side transitions are effortless.  The only complaint I have about the bike is that the rear suspension is underdamped so it doesn't settle as quickly after a bump as I would like.  That is it though, I could really keep the bikes momentum up and it flew up and down the mountain.  On the downward run of the mountain the brakes never complained or faded.  I've seen some complaints about the rear drum brake but I really don't see the problem, it never over heated or faded either and works just fine.  152 miles on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment