Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gear Review - Bobster Photochromic Sunglasses

Well, the quick review...  I couldn't be more dissatisfied with these glasses.  These are supposed to be the perfect sunglasses, darkening in the day and lightening at night.  So they are intended to fill the role of one pair of glasses for all occasions.  Do they darken in the sunlight, sure, but not near enough.  They are clear enough for nighttime riding, but I have quickly stopped using them when I will be daytime riding only.  Aside from the lenses they seem to be of sturdy construction yet they still feel cheap.  The frames are made of a fairly soft plastic which probably makes them more durable, but makes them feel like a cheap pair of childrens sunglasses.  They are thick frames too designed to keep the air out, however, I have not really noticed any less air than my plain aviator sunglasses.  And with them being so thick I don't like the way they look.  In the end, I will continue using these glasses for night riding but will revert to my aviator sunglasses for daytime riding.  The picture shows the maximum darkness I have observed in the lenses lookind directly towards the mid-day Arizona sun.  When not looking directly towards the sun they lighten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment