Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Big Ego Booster...

     I love my TU, and I'll tell you why.  She's always fun to ride, get's great gas mileage, and is cheap to maintain.  But one of her best attributes is that she is small, light, and handles well.  What that adds up to is that when you ride her hard through the mountains and the 600 classers and open classers can't hang with you, that is a huge boost to the ego. 

     Now granted, it isn't all the bike.  The bike has the attributes needed to ride fast, and I myself like to push my limits further and further out.  But when you and your machine can keep the big bikes at bay throught the twisties, and even leave them behind when you get to that level, it makes for a huge ego boost when they catch up to you at the rest stop and realize that you are rolling on a 250.  :-)

     So enjoy that ego boost, just don't go challenging them at the traffic light.  ;-)


2 comments:

  1. what tires and size are you running on your tu250x? sounds like your taking those corners pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually still running the stock tires. The key is practice and understanding how to get through the corners. I have amateur auto roadracing expirience which tought me racing lines and how to approch and drive through a corner. Practice and learn how to straighten the corners and brake and get comfortable leaning the bike. Most people don't get all they can out of the brakes, the TU can damn near lift the rear tire under braking (I pretty much always have the rear end wiggling under braking even though I hardly use any rear brake sport riding, the engine braking alone slides the rear tire). On one of my favorite rides you have to make a u-turn at both ends, I always practice getting absolutly as much as I can out of the brakes. Also do all of your braking hard in the straight before your turn and only trail brake in the corner. Maybe I'll write an article on how to ride fast in the mountains. ;-) Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete